|My wife and I have collected and continue to collect a vast array of unique and one of a kind items, as well as some of today's more popular items.|
|Terms and Conditions|
Payment and shipment terms may vary on individual items.
||Pay Pal |
Money Order/Cashiers Check
|Store ship-to locations
||The United States and Worldwide.|
|Shipping & Handling
||Buyer Pays Shipping based on their location. Combine orders and save.|
||7.5% if shipped to IL|
|Customer service & return policy
||We will carefully pack it up and ship it. We are not responsible for loss or damage to uninsured packages. All sales are final. |
A few more words about our items.
- We normally do not have more than one or two of the items.
- They may even be the only such items around, or they could be found in a variety of places.
- GeneThings offers you unique items that include highly collectable items, items of great beauty and style, items to help you start collecting or complete a set, and some items that you will find nowhere else.
- All of our items are carefully selected and examined.
We measure the relevant dimensions.
We grade them as either Excellent, Good, Fair, or Poor.
- Excellent means no cracks or chips or blemishes and the item is new or new like condition. If it is 50 years old, it is not new, but it could be new like as in excellent condition.
- Good means that there is a minor detail or some wear that needs to be pointed out.
- Fair means it has seen its better days, but it still has value and function.
- Poor means that someone probably still needs or wants it, but it has problems.
- This may be enhanced by another rating system, but our ratings are very simple.
- They are primarily older items from several decades ago or more. If known, we include the year in the description.
- Some are in new condition and are noted as such.
- Some are used items which have varying amounts of wear.
GeneThings photographs all of its items. The only time we use other photographs is when eBay or one of our trading partners supplies the photo for us to use. This happens, for example when we list books, music, or videos on eBay and use eBay's stock photos.
A few more words about buying from us.
Payment is expected within 5 days. Shipments go out within 1 to 5 business days or sooner, if possible. You can either use PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, or send a Money Order.
A few more words about shipping.
We offer our customers choice and certainty.
We normally insure all packages worth $50 or more. Insuring your package helps in two ways. One, the certainty of knowing if it is lost, you can generally recover what you paid for it. Two, if your package sustains damage, you can get it repaired or be reimbursed. Please advise us if a claim needs to be made.
Shipping times are just estimates and are from the day of shipment.*
For shipments within the USA, we offer up to 5 different USPS services depending upon destination, dimensions, and weight. UPS may be offered in some cases. Insurance is included on some orders.
US Postal Service Priority Mail® (Estimated delivery 2-3 business days*). This is usually our recommended method.
US Postal Service Express Mail® (Overnight to many areas* ) This is fastest and most expensive.
US Postal Service Parcel Post® (Estimated delivery 2-9 business days*) This is slowest and least expensive.
US Postal Service Media MailTM (Estimated delivery 2-9 business days*) This is for books, records, and videos, as well some other media and is very slow.
US Postal Service First Class Mail>® (Estimated delivery 2-5 days*) This is appropriate when the item is small and light enough.
For International shipments (outside the USA) we offer up to 3 different USPS services depending upon destination, dimensions, and weight. UPS may be offered in some cases. Insurance is sometimes included. (Estimated delivery varies*)
USPS First Class Mail InternationalTM This is slowest and least expensive. (4 pound weight limit)
USPS Priority Mail InternationalTM This is usually our recommended method.
USPS Express Mail InternationalTM This is fastest and most expensive.
In all cases, please contact us if you have any problems receiving your items. You will be notified by us, Ebay, PayPal, the USPS, and/or UPS when your shipment was mailed. Please allow for the estimated shipping time from when you are notified of the shipment, before becoming concerned.
For USPS Priority Mail and in some other cases, you will get a tracking number. You can contact 1-800-ASK-USPS (or 1-800-275-8777) or usps.com for status reports.
If UPS is used, you will get a tracking number. You can contact 1-800-PICK-UPS (or 1-800-742-5877) or ups.com for status reports.
*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. This information is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and holidays. Note that transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.